100 Ph.D. for Africa to get a fund to continue your studies in cooperation with professors from EPFL.
The EXAF 100 PhDs for Africa program, a component of the Excellence in Africa initiative, is aimed at providing financial support to science and engineering graduates who plan to pursue a PhD at a higher education institution in Africa.
EPFL is known for its strong focus on research, with many of its faculty members being recognized as leaders in their fields. The university is also home to a number of research centers and institutes, including the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL) and the Swiss Cancer Center Lausanne.
EPFL is committed to promoting sustainable development and has implemented a number of initiatives to reduce its environmental impact. The campus itself is designed to be energy-efficient and features a number of green spaces and public areas for students and faculty to enjoy.
- Type: Ph.D
- Duration: 54 Months
- , Place: EPFL, Africa institute
- Official Name: 100 Ph.D for Africa
- Nationalities: Egypt, Algeria, Libya, Morocco, Sudan, Somalia, South Sudan, Tunisia, and all countries in Africa.
Under the program, a maximum funding of 80,000 Swiss francs is granted, covering a duration of up to 54 months. The funding is limited to specific costs, which include:
- A living allowance
- Tuition costs
- Research cost
- Conference, summer school and workshop
- Travel costs for the PhD fellow to and from EPFL
- Must be a citizen of an African country
- Must hold a Master’s degree obtained after January 1st, 2020, or be in the final year of their master’s program
- Should have an exceptional academic track record
- Must be enrolled in an African academic institution at the start of the fellowship
- Should intend to reside in an African country throughout the doctoral studies
- Must obtain the endorsement of a professor from an African institution who will supervise the doctoral thesis for the entire duration of the program.
- Ph.D proposal
- Statement of objectives
- List of publications (if
- Copy of all higher education
- grade transcripts and diplomas
- Reference letters
- Supervisor support letter
- Home institution support letter
- Copy of passport
How To Apply
- 18 April 2023